Rikert Nordic Ski School: Opening the doors to Winter in Vermont- at your pace.
Whether you are looking to learn a new skill, feel more confident and comfortable on your skis, or perfecting your technique, our experienced staff is ready to help you achieve that goal. We offer Classic (diagonal stride) and Skate Skiing technique lessons to all ages, from the novice to the experienced skier, looking to learn and improve.
For the 2020-21 season all lessons will require an advanced reservation. Please call the lodge to reserve your lesson with a PSIA certified instructor.
This season we will be offering Private Lessons only, with or without rentals.
Lesson Times: 10 am and 1pm
- One person: $55/hr
- Two people (from the same household): $45/hr each
- Three-Five people (from the same household): $35/hr each
Package Lessons (includes 1 hour instruction, trail pass and rentals)
- One person: $75
- Two people (from the same household): $64/hr each
- Three-Five people (from the same household): $54/hr each
3 Lesson Package for an individual (includes 3 hours instruction, 3 trail passes, and 3 set of rentals)
- One person, non transferable: $195
Mini Clinics (20 minutes per session) Classic or skate sessions to refresh and improve your skiing skills with a PSIA instructor.
- One person: $20 each
- Two people: $35 each
Additional Lesson Information
- Beginner Lessons: Geared to the person who has never skied before, or has spent very little time skiing.
- Intermediate, Advanced and Specialty Lessons: Geared to working on more specific techniques.
- Private Lessons: A fabulous way to work on just your needs. The instruction can be tailored to specific areas of focus (i.e. working on downhill techniques, step turning, V1, V2, V2 alternate, an so on…)
Why sign up for Nordic Ski Instruction? Is it for me?
- Learning correct technique and gaining a better understanding of the fundamentals will greatly increase your enjoyment of the sport. A good foundation and basic skills will allow you to feel confident in your ability to ski most anywhere.
- It is easy to develop some bad habits and inefficient technique. An instructor can set you on the right path and have you coming back for more. You’ll learn to expend less energy and enjoy the effortless feeling of Nordic skiing (well, maybe it will take more than one lesson…) Learning good technique from the beginning means not having to spend tie unlearning ingrained bad habits and poor teechnique.