Dear Snow Bowl and Rikert Family and Friends,
We are excited to announce that we will be on the mountain and trails this winter! The fall cold snaps and changing color across the state always bring great anticipation for the upcoming ski season. This winter, more than any other, we need to be enjoying the outdoors.
Our shared passion takes place on the mountain and trails with wide-open spaces and fresh air—the perfect place to be exercising right now. This year, as we continue to live with the COVID-19 pandemic, we all need to be cautious and protect one another—our guests, our employees, and our community. That is why we will be making some operational changes this season at the Middlebury College Ski Areas.
To be certain, this year will be different from years past. We are taking a conservative approach to operating our ski areas, with a number of protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will adjust our operating plan as needed throughout the season so we can all do what we love and be safe.
The details of the operating plan are being carefully considered and developed based on national, state, local, and Middlebury College guidance and best practices. When complete, they will be available at www.middleburysnowbowl.com and www.rikertnordic.com.
In the meantime, here is an overview that covers both ski areas:
- Face coverings will be mandatory.
- Passes and tickets will be sold online through our websites and in advance of arrival.
- Permitted guests will be Vermont residents and individuals who meet the state of Vermont COVID-19 restrictions on cross-state travel.
- Chairlifts will be loaded by families and traveling groups. You will not be asked to load with someone you do not know.
- Lodge spaces will be used for bathrooms and grab-and-go food service only. There will likely be no warming spaces available.
- Parking will be for ticketed customers only. Your vehicles will serve as your own private base lodges, so please come prepared for that. No trailers or recreational vehicles will be allowed in the parking lot. Per state order, idling vehicles are prohibited.
- Snow School will be grouped by families or traveling groups. We may need to collect personal information via online registration for contact tracing purposes.
- Day rentals may be limited; therefore, we recommend leasing equipment for the season to ensure availability.
- The Ski Shops will likely be open, but with reduced capacity and all the COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this unusual time. We will continue to monitor the changes in the protocols and adjust our operating plans as needed. Please know that in order to comply with protocol changes, we must be able to modify these plans quickly. Visit the websites frequently to check for any changes.
As always, our primary goal is to provide safe, great skiing and the opportunity to enjoy the fresh mountain air. It will be through the collective efforts of our guests, employees, and community that we can make this happen.
We look forward to seeing you soon here in the mountains.
Middlebury Snow Bowl and Rikert Nordic Center