J-Term Nordic Ski Days
Middlebury College Students – earn PE Credit in the great outdoors.
For Middlebury College Students only.
Lessons will run from Monday, January 8, 2018 through Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Time to head for the mountains and enjoy the Great Outdoors. Rikert Nordic Center, on Middlebury College’s Bread Loaf Campus in Ripton, holds J-Term cross country ski lessons for Midd. College kids taught by Midd. College kids. Cross Country skiing teaches you to ski up, down and around without a lift, on lightweight comfortable equipment. Our trails take you through the beautiful woods which inspired Robert Frost’s poetry (his cabin is up a trail and through the woods!) Come learn a life-time skill and earn a Physical Education Credit at the same time!
- No car? No problem! There is an ACTR bus traveling right up to Rikert which leaves and returns to campus hourly from the ADK Circle all of J-Term. Click here for the ACTR bus schedules and choose the Snow Bowl Shuttle.
Lessons are one hour long. Techniques taught are classic ( recommended for beginners ) and skate. All lessons are taught by college students.
- Cost: $75
- Lessons: 4 lessons (3 of which must be completed for PE credit)
- Trail Passes: 4 day passes (to be used day of lesson)
- Rentals: 4 sets of rentals (to be used day of lesson)
- PE Credit: 1 PE Credit (must complete at least three classes for PE Credit)
- Class Schedule:
- Mondays: 3pm-4pm
- Wednesdays: 3pm-4pm
- Fridays: 11am-12pm
- Sundays: 1:30pm-2:30pm
All ski equipment is provided. You may bring your own, but please note that there is no reduction in price.
Please wear warm clothes: winter/ wind jacket, gloves (not mittens), hat, warm socks and snow pants or some other windproof/insulated outer layer. Dressing in many thin layers is the best way to adjust your temperature, and remember wool and /or wicking microfibers are the best.
Rikert has a small retail shop where you can purchase Nordic specific hats, socks, and gloves should you need.
Please contact: SKIGA for more information
Decide you need to get PE Credit after the fact?
Any late requests for PE Credit must be received by Rikert Nordic Center by the start of the Spring semester.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds can only be given before J-Term registration closes on January 4, 2017.
Any J-term attendee who wishes to withdraw from their lessons, will not be issued a refund once J-Term lessons have begun.
In the event of illness or injury which requires you to withdraw from the J-Term lessons, we must receive a letter from your doctor in order for you to receive a refund or a partial refund.
No refunds will be issued after March 1st. Registration and payments apply only to the current year.