Middlebury College Students- Registration closed for 2017
J-Term Nordic Ski Days – earn you PE Credit in the great and wonderful outdoors.
For Middlebury College Students only. Lessons will run from Monday, January 9, 2017 through Friday, February 3, 2017.
- Want to get in shape and enjoy the Great Outdoors and the mountains around Middlebury? We have the solution! Middlebury College’s own Rikert Nordic Center, up in Ripton, holds J-Term cross country ski lessons for Midd. College kids taught by Midd. College kids. Cross Country skiing teaches you to ski up, down and around without a lift, on lightweight comfortable equipment. Our trails take you through the beautiful woods which inspired Robert Frost’s poetry (his cabin is up a trail and through the woods!) Come learn a life-time skill and earn a Physical Education Credit at the same time!
- No car? – No problem, there is an ACTR bus to Rikert which leaves and returns to campus hourly from the ADK Circle all J-Term. Click here for the ACTR bus schedule.
Lessons are one hour, techniques taught are skate and classic, and are taught by college students.
- Cost: $75
- Lessons: 4 lessons (3 of which must be completed for PE credit)
- Trail Passes: 4 day passes (to be used day of lesson)
- Rentals: 4 sets of rentals (to be used day of lesson)
- PE Credit: 1 PE Credit (must complete at least three classes for PE Credit)
All ski equipment is provided, you can bring your own, but note that there is no reduction in price.
Please wear warm clothes: winter/ wind jacket, gloves (not mittens), hat, warm socks and snow pants or some other windproof/insulated outer layer. Dressing in many thin layers is the best way to adjust your temperature, and remember wool and / or wicking microfibers are the best.
Rikert has a small retail shop where you can purchase Nordic specific hats, socks, and gloves should you need.