Rikert Nordic Center is open to the public from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm every day mid November – end of March.
The Center is located in the heart of the Green Mountain National Forest on the Campus of Bread Loaf School of English in the Town of Ripton, VT. We welcome you to come and explore this incredible forest and field terrain either on skis, snowshoes, or on a FatBike. The Nordic Center offers a full service rental shop. After your outing, come sit in our lodge and warm yourself by the wood stove with a hot bowl of soup or a cup of hot chocolate.
Read more about the Bread Loaf land conservation
Back in time: Rikert Nordic History and great old time Winter Carnival video links
- Physical Address: Rikert Nordic Center, 106 College Cross Road, Ripton VT 05766
- By Mail: Rikert Nordic Center, Middlebury College, 84 Service Road, Middlebury, VT 05753
- Phone: (802) 443-2744
- Email: email@example.com
- Click to join our e-mail list
- and receive information about special deals, events and other fun programs here at Rikert. Please note that we do not share / sell your information.
Getting here by Car
- Our physical address is:106 College Cross Road, Barn East, Ripton, VT 05766
- From the West (East Middlebury,VT): From Route 7, turn onto RT 125 East for approximately 7 miles.
- From the East (Hancock VT): From Rt 100 turn onto Rt 125 West in Hancock VT, head west for approximately 9 miles.
- Without a car in Middlebury – no problem – click for the ACTR bus schedule.
- Click here for a google map
Getting here by Bus
- Hop on the Snow Bowl Shuttle (operated by ACTR -Addison County Transit Resources) at one of the convenient stops along the way and get a ride to and from Rikert Nordic Center (Bus Stop #10). A $1 fare applies, multiple ride passes can be purchased directly from ACTR.
- ACTR Bus Schedule: Click the link to view the most up to date bus schedule, route map, rider alerts and information.
- From further away?
- Check out: Go! Vermont a link to other VT commuting services.